Saturday, November 27, 2010

Can someone taste my hot chocolate and see if it's cool yet

I love this week of the year!

I love having a few days off, spending time with family, cooking, and putting up Christmas decorations...

I got the house decorated on Tuesday... that has been a huge treat... We also broke out "Elf" for the first time this season...

The mother in law made it safely here...

We enjoyed a big, yummy Thanksgiving dinner...

Jennifer and I usually go shopping for early on Black Friday for something...
This year there wasn't a thing on sale I needed and I had decided we would stay in our warm beds.
Until. 
Kellie, Katie and her friend decided they were dying to get up (or rather stay up all night) and go shopping.
So, we got up at 3:45, fixed some hot chocolate to go and ventured out in the 16 degree weather with a million other crazy people...
Yes.  I didn't need a thing and I got up earlier this year than I ever have and it was colder than it has ever been in years past...And people brought babies.... Who wakes babies up in the middle of the night and goes shopping???

After risking our lives to get in Target (which had to be over the maxium occupancy) we found the couple of things we decided we would get since we were there and were in line with in 5 minutes.  We were in the line forever...but, tis the season...

Jennifer and I have shopped, crafted and other than her dog needing an unexpected vet trip for a jumping on the bed injury,  the weekend has been great...

Jennifer took the girls to the Texas Tech game tonight... I am still coughing like a black lung patient and didn't think sitting out in the cold would be of great help for the cough...  So instead of a fun ballgame I had a little fun at the walk in clinic...but, tis the season...

No comments: