Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What's worse than being sick...

What's worse than being sick, felling like death and defiantly looking like death? Being the only other person in waiting room at the Dr's office with the pastor of the church you joined recently... I'm beginning to see the "small town" side of Lubbock... If I know someone most places we go, it is a small town! So, looking like I need to die I got to sit and visit with our new pastor. I looked up, smiled looked back at my magazine giving him the opportunity to not acknowledge if he knew me or not, but no, he's nice, he recognized me and started a conversation...Hope I didn't give him the walking death! I guess I didn't look bad enough though, he offered up no prayer for my misery there in the waiting room or even the obligatory "I'll being praying for you and that barking cough..." and if that weren't enough, the cute, young receptionist asked what school I worked at, when I answered she told me she had gone to that elem. school... oh, and her mom is a school nurse I work with... small town, a big small town...
Flying to Dallas tomorrow afternoon for the weekend... I'm getting to spend some family time and see some good friends I'm needing a dose of!
Dad has to take care of the trick or treating, getting big girl to a couple of places and keeping up with the other girl...Hope he's up to the challenge and hope my head doesn't explode on the plane...

No comments: