Saturday, November 22, 2008

My favorite thing about winter in Lubbock...


I never gave a lot of thought on where birds that migrate went... until now... looks like a lot of the geese come here...who knew...I just love looking at them, my kids, not so much... every time I say 'let's go feed the geese... or... look, there is a whole field of geese... or guess what is in the field by my school' they respond with something along the line of "QUIT talking about the geese" don't know what they have against the geese.
the little girl went running at the group of them which made them all fly in the pond




I love this picture... look at the little ducks in the back with just their bottoms up in the air....

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful photos. I also love the new blog look!

Jennifer Owens said...

I can't help but see these pictures and hear my husbands voice in my head making shotgun sounds. It's only a matter of time before THIS bird is stuffed and on my wall. *sigh* They are pretty though. I just prefer to admire them as they are. On a pond or a lake. Not over my television set staring at me. (o:

Unknown said...

I was born in Dallas and lived in Austin as a child and still have relatives there. I still miss it. These pictures are charming.