Friday, September 17, 2010

Let me get my chauffeur hat on and I'll be right there


I am completely amazed at how much different this year feels with Katie in high school. 
I just thought I was busy driving the girls around before...
Now, Katie seems to always have an after school choir function, ball game, pep rally, movie to go to, need to run by a friends house, or some place else we she needs to go.

After Mike and I are both home at some point in the evening there is always a debate over who is going back out to pick up kids from dance, ball games, movies, etc... 

I usually loose. 

He uses the 'you have an easy job and I have a hard job' argument way to often! 
And that's ok, because in a couple of years she won't need me to pick her up or run her around.  She'll want to drive herself every where...

and since I know she won't care if I beg to drive her just to spend time with her, I have a plan...

Soon after she is driving, I plan on finding some issues that would cause her to have to drive me around...and while she's driving I'm going to only half listen to her while I text all my friends...  But, I'll be with her....


I had to stop in the middle of this post to go and pick her and the best friend up from the movie and then to her house.  They wanted to sleep at the house closest to the high school since they are leaving from there at 6:30 a.m. for a choir trip... they wanted that extra 5 minutes of sleep...
And that my friends, means I don't have to get up at 6 a.m. like I thought I did to take them! 

Happy Weekend!

No comments: