Saturday, October 30, 2010

Old people can rock...

We went to the Eagle's concert last night...

When we heard about the concert coming here, Mike told me that his life would not be complete if he didn't get to go...

The price of the tickets made me sure that my life would still be fine if I didn't go and I even asked him if was interested in going alone...

I am glad he convinced me....

I was a little surprised at the average age of the audience...I hadn't thought much about who might be attending...

or even how old the Eagle's might be now...

the concert was going to be a few weeks ago but a couple of them were sick and had to reschedule...

I understood better after I saw them...




They've aged a little since the 70's and 80's...Their music however, was still just the same!

When they came on stage Don Henley referred to it as the "assisted living tour"....

I felt young in the crowd....some of the old guys looked like they could hardly get up the stairs to their seats...

I realize I am not that young but since I was younger than the band and at least 60% of the other people I still felt young...

I thought it was funny that in a crowd this age, you still had to stand in a line and show your i.d. to get a wrist band if you wanted to buy beer...

All the old people were buying beer...

I believe some may have been over served....

The security lady in our section was very 'anti-fun'... if any one tried to stand up and dance she quickly took care of that...

One poor guy was as entertaining to me as the concert...  he tried to stand up and dance all night...she told him to sit down no less than 50 times...so he just pretended to sit and hung over his seat dancing...I'll bet his thighs are sore this morning...he may have been one of the ones over served...I was so glad at the end that everyone stood up for a few songs and he finally got to get his groove on without being in trouble...

One very normal looking 'mom' in front of me kept standing up and rocking and her teenage son sitting next to her looked like he would surely die...

It looks kind of odd to see the older crowd rocking out...

But, it was great music, and the best concert I've been to and now Mike's life is complete now...

No comments: