Saturday, March 12, 2011

I think we are all allergic to Lubbock

I am ready for Spring Break!  I have big plans of doing very little except for dusting and dusting and dusting!
The blowing dirt here is killing me.
I have had a sinus infection almost constantly since Nov.  The dr. this week said maybe I've developed allergies since moving here...shot, med's, nasal sprays, etc. to help it...

Now, poor Elvis is having an allergy too.  He has had some red spots on his face and stomach off and on for a couple of months but they got really bad this week and last night he got big bumps on his sides that made his hair stick up.... 
so, off to the vet we went this morning....
to find out that Elvis has allergies, maybe a little skin infection... So Elvis got his own shot, steroids, antibiotics and an oatmeal bath shampoo....I was just glad he didn't need the nasal spays...

The vet tells me the that the oatmeal soap needs to stay on his skin for 15 minutes or so... and he says, "it would probably be easiest for you to get in the tub with him and sit in there to keep him in"...
Really?
Really?
I tried to talk both kids into doing it and had no takers...
I asked  Mike to do it and he said we could just go back and have him put down before he would get in the tub with him...
so, I put on my swimsuit, we hoisted him into the tub and the fun began.  Katie runs for a camera and takes pictures of him, all the while I'm trying to keep the soap on his body and keep me out of the pictures!





Ellie watches all the fun not realizing she is going to get a bath too while I'm already wet...
She wasn't happy when she found out...

and then the shaking began...

The after picture...
I went straight to the shower and now need to go clean the tub and mop the bathroom!
The allergies are going to be the death of me.
And reason number 417 I want to move back to Dallas...

No comments: