Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lobster is my love language

I have a good friend who is a food rep. 
I've decided I may need to change professions....
She brings me wonderful things to try.  She not only brings me wonderful food but always shows up with wine when she comes over... Everyone needs friends like this.
But you can't have her.  She's mine.
This week we fed her kitty while she was out of town and my thank you prize was a bag of lobster meat and a box of coconut shrimp. 
She handed me that lobster and it was like Christmas! 
I immediately started thinking on what all I could do with the lobster meat. 

We had some extended family in town for the weekend and had them over to dinner last night...
I decided to thaw the lobster and use if for the dinner...
I still have half of it left and will be eating lobster salad for lunch, looking for more recipes and eating it till I have used every bit of it. 
It was certainly the best "feed my kitty" gift I have ever gotten.  Did I mention it was lobster?
We would have done it for shrimp.

For dinner I decided on Seafood Enchiladas and adapted a recipe I found....They were wonderful.
Not low fat.  But it's lobster, it deserved rich and creamy... 

Yesterday was also our anniversary.  If I had to cook for my anniversary, lobster was a perfect choice...
of course if we had eaten out it wouldn't have been lobster...



Seafood Enchiladas

Filling:
4 oz Cream cheese softened
1 C Sour Cream
1 lb seafood of choice (lobster, crab, shrimp chopped, etc)
1 C grated Fontina Cheese
1 C grated Cheddar
1/2 Onion very finely chopped
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried Dill weed
1/2 tsp Cumin
juice of half a lemon

Sauce:
1 Cup Half and Half
4 oz Cream Cheese
1 C sour cream
dash of red pepper (optional)

Topping:
1/2 Onion finely chopped
2 Tomatoes chopped well
1 tbsp chopped Cilantro (optional)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
Grated Fontina and Cheddar

Grate cheeses        

For filling, mix all ingredients together well.  Place large spoonful of filling on tortilla and roll up.  Place in baking dish seam side down.  Fills about 12-15 tortillas.

For sauce, place cream cheese and half & half in sauce pan and heat on low heat stirring frequently till melted and mixed well.  Remove from heat and fold in sour cream

Pour white sauce over enchiladas.  Sprinkle shredded fontina and/or cheddar cheese over the top. 

Mix tomato, onion, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the top.  You can also top with small amount of your favorite salsa instead if you prefer. 

Bake at 350 till hot and bubbly, appox. 15-30 min.

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm sorry I missed your anniversary. I hope it was a wonderful day. Your enchiladas look terrific and I'm must admit to a bit of envy about the lobster. You're sure I couldn't borrow your friend for a while? I'd take good care of her, I promise :-). Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Debbie said...

Yum! I want these enchiladas and I want your friend. Can't you share?