Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Race for the Cure, in Rome?

This morning my cell phone rang right after I got to school... a number I didn't know...
I answered to have a woman ask for me and me quickly assume she wanted to sell me some something...
She went on to tell me that she was with such and such and calling to let me know I won the "I am the Cure Sweepstakes"... uh, ok...
I'm sure she thought I was the most ungrateful winner ever cause I really didn't act like I belived her...

I called the Susan G. Komen office in Dallas and verified that it was real...

Really.  I won a trip to Italy... Rome.  Five days in Rome to walk  in the Race for the cure...

Mike can't take that week off and someone has to keep the those girls and go to their dance recital...( Missing that has me feeling like Mom of the year) 
So, he called the neice Jennifer and told her she could go... She's a little bit excited too.

I still really can't belive it's real!

We're going to Rome in about 6 weeks!

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Oh, my God! You must be thrilled to pieces. You are going to have the greatest time, I just know it. In the meantime, I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary