Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pictures can be very, very painful

My family came to town this weekend...
There is always some drama getting everyone here...
They don't travel easily...
There is always debate over how many cars they need to bring, etc...
But they all made it.  Even the youngest niece....


I planned a family picture and that caused a bit of grumbling from the men and my sister.  My sister who usually likes family pictures was not happy that I told everyone to wear black or black and jeans.... she only heard the black and jeans part and even when we told her to wear what ever she wanted she wore black and jeans "like she was told" and even sported some nice white tennis shoes....
I also wanted all the girls to wear different colored scarves.  I had a picture in my mind, everyone liked the idea except the sister...


The guys got a little happier while we were taking pictures on the Tech campus and they visited with some guys who were still there tailgating.... I believe there might have been beer involved.

Part of the group went to the "worse Tech game ever played".... "during a dust storm" Jennifer thought... nope, just a breezy West Texas day...
The sister and I skipped out on the game...

We celebrated Mike's 49th birthday.
The brother in law assured him this is the last good birthday. 
I'm a little concerned about him being 50 next year....I can't be married to someone who is 50 cause I think I'm only about 34...

Jennifer brought Mike's favorite dog in the whole world and it made Ellie very very jealous...
She just sat and pouted


In the end everyone was getting along and forgot what they had been grumpy about... We ate a lot of good food and fit a lot of good visiting into a few hours!

2 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

Love, love, love the scarf idea family photos. They turned out fabulous! (Even if you had some hiccups with it). Seriously, it looks awesome.

Mary Bergfeld said...

All's well that ends well. I think the scarves were a terrific idea and the photo is great. I hope you husband enjoyed his birthday. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary