Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom's and really expensive cookies

Happy Mother's day to all the mom's in my life and in my children's.  I have always said that it takes a lot of Mother's to raise my kids.
I was so lucky to have two sweet Mom's who owned the day care my children went to. 
Then there is Jennifer who could step in for me if die.  They love her that much.
My sister and her ever present threat of spanking them with the fly swat can't be left out.
And all my sweet sweet friends who have invested in my children.

While we were all piled up in the bed this morning (my favorite part of the day)

 I told my girls again this morning how much my mom would have loved them if she could have met them.  Kellie said she was sure she would have been her favorite...

And because something is wrong with me I wanted to spend my Mother's day afternoon baking.  My grandmother would have understood, my mom, not so much...

The girls asked for cookies.

 I decided I wanted to try Macarons...

The seem to the popular cookie right now.



My opinion - they are very sweet, good, but I prob. won't make them again....

You pipe them onto the cookie sheet and I dropped the metal piping tip down the garbage disposal.  It is stuck on the blade now and won't come off...
Looks like the macarons are going to cost me a plumber visit...
They defiantly aren't worth the price I'll pay for that!

 I'm about to wear my present out to get some dinner with all my people.  Have a good Mother's day!

No comments: