Friday, January 2, 2009

A trip to the DPS... always a treat

So, my drivers lisc. expired on the 31st. I remembered this today and made the trip to the DPS as I guess every other renewal you can't do online. You know every time I've ever gone to the DPS it has been an adventure in patience.
Let me start with-

Dear Stupid Young Adult in the Jeep,

If you are going to the DPS I would think you would want to avoid an accident in their parking lot. As I was pulling into the parking lot I had to stop for the car backing out and when you chose to whip around me and into a parking spot while giving me that look, you almost hit the elderly person I was stopped for. Did you really think I might just be stopping there to block your entrance? You might also know that as I stood in line wishing I could thump you in the head or at least tell on you and have your licence revoked, I also wanted to pull your shirt down so we didn't all have to see your back above your too tight jeans.
Sincerely,
Irritated before I got in the door

Secondly, I do think it was elderly and possibly mentally ill day at the DPS.

As you walk in the door there is a sign at a desk that says "start here" so I got in that line. As soon as I do the gentleman in front of me turns and asks me what this line is for. Really, I just walked in door and did as the sign said. You were here before me, I should be asking you that. Turns out he was trying to get a Texas ID card and told the lady he had been in the "hospital for a LONG time" and didn't have his original birth certificate because it was " washed away". He may be on his way back to the hospital after his frustration at the DPS.

I am certain that the job of the women at the "begin here" line is a job I will never want. I prayed for her today. Also, given the craziness she must endure on a daily basis, they could at least spiff up the joint. I mean the 1970 decor and dreary colors would be reason enough to make me grouchy. Just some paint people... It might make the DPS a better place.
Oh well, the line went fast and I was going to say I don't have to do it again for 8 years but then I remembered painfully, I will have to accompany the big girls in a few short years! Ugh.

On a brighter note, tree is down, house is clean, a couple of errands were run... isn't it funny how much bigger your house looks when you first take down the trees???

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I couldn't have written a better post myself. I'm sorry you had to do this.

Debbie said...

I took my 15 year old to get his learner's right before Christmas. That is always such an experience!