Wednesday, May 11, 2011

7 days, but who's counting?

Life is just busy the last couple of weeks.
There are many dance rehearsals, many choir rehearsals, all x 2 since both girls have them and never at the same time. 
This tends to make tired cranky girls.
It keeps me from playing as much as I'd like.  And by playing I mean taking walks, reading magazines, folding laundry, etc..I have things I need to do.

But yet, tonight when I did sit down, I somehow ran across a baking blog and spent a good chunk of time and now I would really like to go bake a few things...
If my friend Deana was here I would make this pie tonight...

Instead, I need to make a list of things I need to get/do before going to Rome one week from tomorrow.
In case you were wondering, the forecast for the day we get there is 'partly cloudy' with a high of 72 degrees.  Sounds perfect to me.

I've read this book cover to cover instead of going to sleep when I should the last few days...

Mike thinks I should be reading about the history instead...

I also read more about our hotel today and was glad to hear it is right around the corner from the American Embassy and there is a police station a couple of buildings down...
Funny that when I was a teenager in a foreign country I couldn't understand why it made my mom nervous or why she was so worried she wore one of the under the clothes pouches for our money and passports...
Jennifer is wearing it on this trip...
My Mississippi cousin called to tell me my trip was in danger... I googled it and sure enough, someone many years ago predicted that today Rome would have the big earthquake...
I sure am glad his prediction was off...But I feel a little safer knowing that if we do have a disaster we'll be by the Embassy...

No comments: