Sunday, May 1, 2011

Birthday fun


We were all in the kitchen and heard Elvis going crazy...
Add birthday balloons to long list of random items he hates...

Since Katie doesn't care a thing about sweets (she didn't get that from me), I decided to try a new little cupcake bakery near by so we could try different flavors...
The Pina Colada was unbelievable! 
But I have a confession to make. 
When I was cleaning up, one of the kids had scrapped all the icing off of his strawberry cupcake
and I needed to taste the strawberry so I had to eat a bite. 
I feel like I might have reached a new low. 
 Eating discarded icing off of another persons plate.
Don't judge me....please...
We went out for a fun scavenger hunt.
My team won by the way
This picture made me a little sad.
This year they were just sitting there like they were going to drive somewhere
Next year they really can...
what a fun little group
Katie asked "how many candles did you put on there?"
guess 15 made her feel old

I had bought bubbles, hula hoops, frisbees, etc for them to play with outside because we were going to grill hot dogs.  After seeing one of the wild fires up close yesterday I remembered the burn ban we are under...
I had also bought stuff for smores...
instead of smores, they had a contest to see who could put the most marshmallows in their mouth.
I'll spare you the pictures of that and the aftermath....

Abbi's grandmother and I are already planning a combined party for them next year...
It's going to be fun!

No comments: