Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday, I love you...

The first week of school is done.  The rest of my week was busy but nothing like the first day!  Thank goodness.... I can't say the same for a lot of the teachers at my school though... it will be a different year...
I ran all my weekend errands this afternoon so that I can have the weekend free of those...
The rest of the family headed out to the first Friday night football game tonight...

I decided I could wait till it was less than 100 degrees to enjoy football...

Katie had her first pep rally last night!  She thought they spent too much time introducing the football players...I reminded her it really is all about the football and there wouldn't be a pom squad without the football players...( and she's not performing tonight... I would go even in the heat if she was, didn't want you to think I was a bad mother, at least not for skipping a game)

After much fast food the last couple of weeks I finally made it grocery shopping tonight.  I even came home and put up some meals in the freezer...
I used my quiet time while the fam is gone to enjoy a margarita out of a box (that I discovered tonight), an episode of Dateline that has me a little scared to be home alone, and a couple hours of cooking...
a good night!

And for those couple of hours I have:

Golden Pork Chops with Cinn. Apples
Honey Sauced Chicken
Slow Cooker San Francisco chops
Spicy Egg Casserole
Brie and cranberry stuffed chicken breasts
Mini Meat loafs
2 Creamy Chicken Casserole

It all started with needing to make a dinner to take to a friend tomorrow when I go see her tiny new baby... I decided if I was cooking her a meal I might as well put a few up for us...
Seven meals in less than 2 hours isn't bad...  I'm excited to have crock pot meals ready in the freezer...

I'm taking my friend Creamy Chicken Casserole, my families favorite...

Creamy Chicken Casserole

4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks
2 cans fat free Cream of Mushroom soup
1 pt. sour cream
Mix and place in 8x8 baking dish.  Crush 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers and sprinkle on top.  Melt 1/2 stick of butter and drizzle over top.  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  Serve over rice or noodles.

Happy weekend...



No comments: