Thursday, September 1, 2011

Can a full moon last 2 weeks?

After all these years of working in a school I am still surprised by a few things...
  • How crazy the first week or two is... and not only in a busy way but in a "is it a full moon" kind of way...
  • How many parents want you to do more than whats expected for their child but they won't get the papers, shots, dr's orders etc. that we need at the school...
  • How many parents get a new cell phone number almost weekly
  • How little the new Kindergarteners are.
  • How many kids can share their germs the first week of school.
  • How many kids can share their germs with my own kids the first week of school...
  • That my kid can still get strep the first week of school even after having the tonsils out a year or two ago...
  • That I can get pink eye if a kid in a 10 mile radius has it...
  • That now 2 weeks into it I have the sore throat...we will be keeping the clinic in business this year it seems...
  • Did I mention how "full moon-ish" it has been???
That's just a few of the observations two weeks into the year...

Another observation (that I should probably not be saying out loud yet) of the last few weeks is that my girls seem to treating each other a little better... not as much fighting... more talking to each other, watching t.v. together, tolerating each other just a little more, less hitting, less screaming, wanting to be with each others friends when they are over.  As we speak they are in the kitchen talking about school and teachers...see even at home it's freakishly full moonish!
I pray this is a trend of things to come and not just a quiet spell!

Well, I'm off to make a year's worth of spices with a friend's ladies group from her church...
Call me if you need taco seasoning or season salt and other assorted spices or have any explanation for the crazy at my house or school...

No comments: