Monday, September 5, 2011

A cool weekend

Katie's BFF lives with her grandparents who are young fun grandparents...
They have a house in Ruidoso, NM and have been inviting us to come for a weekend and this weekend we finally made it!
Thursday night while I was with her making the large amounts of spices that I'm excited about, I left my car at her house... I came home to some lovely decorations on my car

I then kidnapped the culprit and brought her home with me so her friend wouldn't have to clean it up alone...
It was a real treat driving home with toilet paper smearing the shaving cream around....


There was some quick cleaning when I got home and a car wash at 7 a.m. where I learned that you get a discount at that hour!


We got there Friday night, spent some time on the balcony and enjoyed the cool crisp night. 
What a treat...sleeping with windows open,  nothing we had to do... mountains, rain, cool weather, good company and other than major allergy problem I had while we were there it was wonderful!

We sat out and watched blue birds come up to get peanuts from us, watched for deer and had a leisurely morning!

Sleepy girls eventually got us up and moving towards a little shopping in the old down town area...

They seemed to enjoy the antique store we took them in....


They begged to go to the Old Time photo place


This one is really funny to me since Katie has such a fear of jail...



gun tote'n saloon girls, it makes a mama proud!


Kellie stayed with a friend while we were gone and from the pics she texted me, I believe she had fun too!

We even came home to cooler weather.  Is this just fall teasing me?  I hope it's beginning of my favorite time of year!  As soon as we got home, I opened windows, lit candles, and really wanted to get out the fall decor but held off on that!  There is a pot of potato soup in my future today though.

No comments: