Saturday, May 12, 2012

All I need is a reason

You know cooking for people is my love language.
If if you are from Mississippi this is in born.... Wait, I just remembered my sister who will only make you brownies from a mix and then only for certain occasions and realized that if you're a good Mississippi girl you have this trait... 

Last week one of my good friends had a little surgery and I've used that as a reason to take her a couple of meals. 

Tonight with the Chicken Spaghetti I took for dinner, I took a Black Eyed Pea Corn Relish and a bag of fresh chips....
I am not a huge black eyed pea fan but knew that she is. 


and forgot how much I liked the black eyed peas in this...

Black Eyed Pea and Corn Salsa

1 lb. Frozen sweet corn kernels
1  can Black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
2 lg Tomatoes, diced
1 Avocado diced
1/2 Red Onion, diced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp chopped Cilantro
1 lime, juiced
Tabasco to taste
Salt to taste

Thaw corn and drain well.  Combine all ingredients in a lg bowl and mix well. 



I never made it to the Chicken Spaghetti...




No comments: