Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lemon brownies, I could eat them all

May always seems like the busiest month.  We have something almost every night.
Last week we had a birthday, dance practices, theater practices, a dance recital and NJHS induction...
Katie has also added a part time job to the mix... a couple of more months and she'll be driving there without me.  As nice as that will be, you know that makes me sad...
She's working part time at a florist and gift shop that just opened.  I told her only working two hours it day it's going to take her forever to earn enough for a tank of gas...

I did some cooking so I could take dinner to friend.  I decided while I was cooking to make some treats to share with the neighbor and take to Bible study tonight...
If you like lemon you need to try these.  They are that good....

Gooey Lemon Brownies

1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
10 tbsp butter melted
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
zest of one lemon
Mix all ingredients thoroughly, pour into 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for approx. 20 minutes till toothpick comes out clean with inserted. 

Remove from oven and cool slightly before glazing.

Glaze:
Mix one cup powdered sugar, 3 plus tbsp lemon juice, and zest of one lemon.  Add extra lemon juice or small amount of water till glaze is thin enough to pour.  Pour over cooled brownies.






A warning though, if after the brownies are done you find your melted butter still in the microwave go ahead and start over.  It is a key ingredient I found...

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love lemon and will indeed be trying these. They sound wonderful Have a great day. Blessings...Mary