Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'd love to help clean your room for Mother's Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Mine was very good.  I still never fail to realize how lucky I am to have these two girls.  Even now, when they are all teenager-y and sassy...
I also never fail to remember my mom.  I didn't get to keep her long enough... But she was a great mom while I had her.

This morning when I went to wake up Kellie for church, this is what I found

She was asleep on her floor next to a tray she had gotten ready to bring me breakfast in bed
How sweet is that? 
 It made my day!  Even though I didn't get that breakfast in bed. 
I told her she could bring me a snack in bed or dinner in bed...

Mike and the girls took me out for Mexican food after church.


and I rounded out the celebration with Katie cleaning her room
If you are missing any clothes they might be in that pile.
I know mine were.
She managed to get rid of two big bags full even though she told me she didn't have anything she needed to give away before she started...
I helped by sitting in the floor folding clothes and hanging up clothes with her for over an hour.
But, I did ask her to clean her room for my mother's day gift.  I knew I would end up helping and that's OK.  If only she' let me clean out her drawers!

I love being their mom.



1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm so glad you had a good day. Your daughter's good intentions and her bedroom really made me smile. Remembrance of things past :-). I hope you have a great week. Blessings...Mary