Saturday, July 14, 2012

Need Jelly?

I know I've mentioned the wonderful basket of fresh produce I get on Friday afternoons. 


I shelled the small batch of black eyed peas. 

 I was telling my girls about when we I was growing up and we had a big garden and how you couldn't go do anything fun till you shelled a bowl of peas.
They didn't really want to learn how...


I've decided as great as the fresh produce is, it has been bad for us.  Tonight Mike wanted the fresh okra and squash fried...


I made peach preserves and more pepper jelly today.

I think might have a jelly problem. 

Last night I couldn't sleep and was up in the middle of the night looking for something to do so I read all the canning recipes on Tasty Kitchen...
I think I'll be moving to Mayberry now.  Maybe enter jelly in the fair.  Plant a big garden...

Katie leaves at 5:30 in the morning to go to work a church camp with the youth.  She has a busy busy week a head, hope she can manage without complaining!

We are going on a little vacation in ten days
My people are excited... Goofy here was showing me that we could count down on our fingers now.
My cousins from Mississippi are meeting us.  I'm very excited about that.  Boys will be fishing.  Girls will be in the pool.

 Elvis will be waiting at home:(






No comments: