Saturday, July 21, 2012

Zombies? Maybe...

Katie got home from her week working at Student Life camp yesterday.  She had a great time and spent a couple of hours before bed telling me all about it... I was glad to have her home.

Until...
At 2:30 this morning she bolts into my room, turns the over head light on and is screaming...
She goes on to explain that her friend called and woke her up to tell her there had been a "bright light that filled the sky... and now all of the electricity in town is out..."
The friend then went on to explain that she was pretty sure it was aliens or the zombie apocalypse.
So this is what sent Katie is crying, scared and shivering into my room...
I assured her I knew it wasn't zombies since they weren't real and her reply was "oh yeah"...And we have electricity...
Kellie was up and taking this opportunity to try to scare her big sister more by continuing to talk about zombies.  Her friends were calling her to tell her about it too.   (Why don't 13 year olds ever sleep during the night?)

I told Katie I knew how we could find out exactly what happened...
Facebook.
And I was correct... everyone seemed to be up and have inside information to what was going on...and to her relief it was an electric explosion and not zombies or the end of the world.

Katie eventually made her little sister sleep with her and I went back to bed.
This morning I had to keep her dad from running into her room screaming about getting out of town before the zombies come.
I left to run an errand and within minutes I had a phone call that Mike and Kellie had put ketchup on their face and acted like zombies to try and scare her...

I thought the zombie threat was over till this afternoon when Mike told me he might "lay out and get some sun"... I do believe he might be a zombie after all...

Never a dull moment here. 


No comments: