Sunday, September 23, 2012

Timing

Life has been different at our house lately.
My mother in law had some complications from surgery and went to rehab from the hospital. Not 'rehab' rehab but rehab where you go when you can't quite go home alone.
A big thank you to Medicare who limited that stay to 23 days and made my house the next stop on the recovery tour.
Now, you're probably thinking I'm not a very good daughter in law saying things like this BUT I really am... She just really doesn't want to be at our house.
She's a wee bit demanding and a lot passive aggressive. Here are a few of the things I've learned this week...
My dining room has terrible lighting.
I really should own a card table.
My girls both talk too fast.
She doesn't understand that our dvr is the kind we all share and the 80ish programs she deleted weren't just on the tv in her room,
She's never had teenage girls.
Our family is too busy.
They weren't this busy when Mike was young.
She has a completely different interpretation of any conversation than everyone else that hears it.
Especially if it was a conversation with one of her dr's..,

So a quick weekend trip to Dallas to help a friend with something was a much needed mini vacation with my family and old friends. As usual I made the most of my time and fit in as much visiting and Mexican food as possible!  Jennifer has a good discription of my trip on the way there...

And nothing says 'thanks for visiting Dallas' like a homeless man at the exit for the airport urinating in plain view... And as usual, I'm glad to get back to my peeps!

No comments: