Sunday, May 24, 2009

What's red, yummy and has a million cups of sugar?

Jennifer came out for the long weekend and I quickly lined up some projects for us! I wanted to do some little end of the year gifts for teachers so we made Strawberry Margarita Jam. It tastes so yummy but really may need to be strawberry margarita "sauce" instead of jam...it's just a touch on the 'not quite jam' side...Jennifer was excited to learn to make jelly (or sauce)...

She got a little too excited with one jar...but in turn the dogs got quite the strawberry treat! She gives a better explanation of this event over at her blog...

I also found corn on sale and couldn't resist... so Jennifer also learned the art of cutting corn off the cob...
Found out Elvis really likes corn...
Jennifer may be afraid to come back... I told her next time we go pick apples.

Jennifer has a long history of dropping things... if you notice that I can't use certain letters while blogging it is due to the "Margarita Pie" in the bottom left corner of my keyboard...


And, look how she cleaned it up....

I am always amazed at how much more I can get done on a three day weekend.... last weekend and week were spent busy with the mother in law and broken hip so this weekend not only had a lot of rest and fun but a LOT of laundry

No comments: