Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back to school...

Well, I've been back at work for a few days now. I really love my job and I know how fortunate I am to have a great job that I love and that lets me be off when the girls are off.

I never dread going back to work. I don't mind it at all. Now, I really hate to give up the summer life and all the days off but I still don't mind going back...


I've spent the last few days in meetings and every year it makes me wonder, why? Why do some people have to ask a million questions, some that have already been answered, why do they make unnecessary comments while speakers are presenting? I think they should be limited to a certain number of comments per week. And if it's a personal comment about something someone in your family has or did, it will take away all of your comments for the week. I'm happy to police this at meetings...


Friday, while listening to a speaker talk about high school, I realized that after this year Katie will be in high school and I will only have her for 4 more years. I teared up. I have no idea what she talked about the rest of the time....

4 years, I can't even think about it without feeling sick.

I know I talk about feeling like time is flying and my kids are getting too big but really, I just can't tell you how fast I feel it is going. Then that makes me feel old, then I get sad... it's crazy.


Oh, but just then, as I sit sobbing worrying about my babies leaving me, I hear a fight in the hall where the girls are about to kill each other over a shirt and I think, ok, maybe it won't be bad when they are gone. NO, NO, NO, not really. Then I'm just here with Mike....ahhhh...


Speaking of tearing up, watch the video linked below about the mission trip Jennifer just returned from...It makes me so thankful for what we have, what my children have. It makes me want to go get all of these children.
Really, watch it....

No comments: