Monday, August 3, 2009

We keep trying but it's not meant to be...

You know how I've said that we just aren't boat people...well, I think that still stands...
A couple of weeks ago we took the boat out with no problems at all... all went well.

Yesterday, we went again... and at some point on the boat I was thinking, maybe we are boat people... we had a great day, lots of fun, had no boat issues... but I spoiled it...maybe it's just me that isn't boat people...

I was driving, we were pulling up to the dock to let Mike out to get the trailer... I told him he needed to drive us into the slip, I'm not good at that part. He wouldn't come do it and as I was afraid of, I went in to fast and the trolling motor hit the pier.

This isn't the first time I've hit the pier too hard. The last time Mike was standing on the front of the boat and it knocked him out onto the pier. It was awful and I really thought he was going to kill me.

So, you would think he would believe me when I told him I can't drive the boat in, but no, he didn't listen. So, this time he wasn't injured but the end of the trolling motor was hanging by some wires.... He didn't act near as mad as the time I threw him out. I'm thankful for that but I could only see $$$ as the thing was hanging there by some wires...

It's always something!

We found a new part of the lake where there were cliffs to jump off of. Katie climbed up and then had took quite awhile to decide to jump. Mike did it once and decided the climb up was not worth the jump. I think the skinned knees might have convinced him.

So, in the end, one trolling motor, four sunburs and a lot of fun...

No comments: