Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's all about the Timing

In all the Mike's unhappiness in his job lately, I have reminded him several times, talking about different things, that we would have to wait and see if works out because of the timing.
 
In all the things that have come up, none of them would work unless it was perfect timing, all the pieces would have to fall into place...
and through all of this I have really had peace that God would have all the pieces in place if we were to make a change.

All that said to say, I am still surprised by God's timing. 

We have moved between a few different churches since we moved here.  We joined one feeling like it was right were we needed to be but shortly after we saw that it wasn't the good fit we thought.

Lately we had been going to much smaller church and one girl loved it (the reason we went) and one girl didn't.  Today we went back to one of the first churches we tried and liked.  I'm not sure why we didn't continue to go there... 
Today we walked in and it felt like home. 
Both girls liked it. 
People were wonderful, the class I visited was great, and then, the sermon was completely for me I'm pretty sure...

So, in this time of feeling like we don't know quite what our future holds (again), God put us right where we needed to be.  I write this and realize that it shouldn't surprise me at all... but it was just a little gift today.  One area where I don't have to worry anymore. 

part of the lyrics in a song today:

A thousand times I've failed

Still your mercy remains

And should I stumble again

Still I'm caught in your grace

How thankful I am to have a God who knows just what I need when and who loves me when I fail.

No comments: