Friday, February 19, 2010

The same old things

It has been a long week.

By Tuesday I really was wishing for Friday.



Mike is having job stress again. Or should I say still... it really never goes away. He is absolutely miserable in his job and that is a big stress in daily life for us. My job is great. I have no stress. Except for his job issues so I can't even imagine working like he does and being unhappy. I've just never been there. I've had seasons of discontent in jobs but nothing like this.




This week we were teased with a mention of a job back in the Dallas area. I didn't want to get my hopes up and glad I didn't as it turned out to be only that, a mention.


I know we are here for a reason. I know the right job will present itself. One day. I know it's not this week. I know it's not from lack of prayer on my part.


When this job interview came up I called my praying friends. I love that I have that support! I knew the issue was well covered in prayer and I am so thankful for that.


Speaking of thankful.

Last night I got a text from a friend. I've mentioned her before... we worked together at the school in Flower Mound and she lives out here now also... her husband is on staff at a church in an even smaller town outside of Lubbock.



We met for dinner and coffee tonight.
We went to Rockfish and had the Ahi Tuna Nacho's. I wish I had taken a picture to post.
They were soooo goood!
We spent a long time there and then moved to Starbuck's to continue our time talking about what we miss, how different it is here and about adjusting to smaller town life.

It was just what I needed. It's amazing how refreshing it is just to visit with a friend.
I wish Mike could have a dose of that! 


So, if you've had a long week, call a friend, go to Rockfish and please please order the Ahi Nacho's. I may have to go back tomorrow and have them again.



Want to meet me there?

No comments: