Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I didn't think I wanted a pair

One day recently when I was at my sweet young neighbors house, I saw the Toms shoes she had been painting.  They were fabulous! 
But, I don't like Toms...
But I couldn't quit thinking about them....So, I decided to go buy a pair and paint them for Jennifer since I couldn't quit thinking about the cuteness of them and different things I could paint on them....
But, then I got there and they had them in BURLAP!  So, I guess you know what that means...I had to try them on. 
I love burlap you see.  I've covered a chair seat in it, I have dining room drapes made out of it, and I'm about to cover some lamp shades in it...
So, I tried on the Toms shoes I don't like but in burlap that I do like and guess what?  They were soooo comfortable.  Great.  Now I have to start liking them... and I had to buy myself a pair also...

So, I painted the first pair for Jennifer... Mike said it was her present for bringing Daisy to see him...She says she liked them... She also told me one of her students wanted to know why I painted 'toms' on the back of both shoes...

I finally painted mine yesterday. 






My favorite song lately is How He Loves by David Crowder so I added that line to the side...


And now since I am starting to like the Toms shoes I'm going to need a white pair to copy another pair the neighbor made...great...

No comments: