Monday, May 10, 2010

I've turned into my sister

My sister is the queen of buying her own gifts.  Christmas, she picks out what she wants and tells everyone where to get it or better yet, she will buy it and then have them wrap it for her.  Mother's day, birthday, it's pretty much the same.  Unless, you branch out and buy her something not pre-approved all the while knowing it is going back to the store...  That's what I do... I'm the rebal.

I, however, love love love gifts I didn't pick out!  Mike does great in the gift buying department.  Jennifer does fabulous.  My sister, she likes me to tell her what I want....imagine.

But, this Mother's Day I was my sister.  I didn't mean to be.  I really didn't. 

But I was....

I wanted to get tickets to Wicked and then that would require a trip to Dallas so I said that could just be my gift. 

Oh, and then I bought a couple of place setting of my dishes.
I really needed those because the sister and family are coming next weekend and I didn't have enough of the dishes I got for Christmas.  That can be my gift...

Oh, and I wanted chairs for the patio.  I bought a table a couple of years ago and have never gotten chairs.  So, the chairs could be my gift...

Oh, and if I get chairs I'll need to put lights up.  I've wanted to do that for a couple of years too...



Oh, and if I have chairs and lights, I'll need new plants to make it look pretty... that could be my gift....



Oh, and if I have a great patio I think I need a pool... Oh, wait, he said no to that...

I may have even been worse than my sister. 

I didn't even have them wrap the items I bought.

The best gift was just hanging out with my girls.  A cool, cloudy day.  Church was great.  I feel sure Mike picked up some pointers on how to honor his wife from a very good sermon on that topic.  Lunch was good.  A little shopping and then a fun new ice cream place.  A great day.  I'm so lucky to be a mom!

1 comment:

Logan said...

I love my sister always, she always cover me up whenever I make mistakes. She gifts me things which i like most. She always be with me whenever I need her in hard times.