Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back in the swing of summer

I think we are getting back to normal...
Today is two weeks since the dreaded tonsil surgery...

Yesterday Kellie came to me in her still somewhat nasal voice and asked
do I sound almost normal?...
Yes, yes you do....
Well, then can I call favorite friend and ask her over?  Are you sure she'll be able to understand me? 
Sure, and since she's your BFF she won't make fun of your new speaking voice, don't worry...

So, there are now 4 girls sleeping somewhere in the house...The same group going with us on our little "Dad's Vacation" next week...
I over heard a discussion in the kitchen last night about who would sit where during the car ride...
the older girls were staking a claim to the captains seats...I heard Kellie's friend say "so we have to sit in the trunk?"
To bad that condo isn't big enough that I won't even know what room they slept in...


Today the forecast is "HOT and humid"... Not, rain.  For the first time in like 40 days...

One good thing about the rain ending is the trash issue we have going on...
We have dumpsters in our allies here rather than trash pick up.  Our dirt alley.  Wait, make that our mud alley.  So, for the 40 days of rain and flood we have been putting trash in the garage rather than trek through the knee deep mud...
Maybe after a day of sunshine we can move the dump to the dumpster...I'm getting a little worried we would attract vermin with all the trash in the garage.

And speaking of odd things in Lubbock... Two people I know have had tarantulas in their yard in the last few days...I really need to move back to Dallas!!!!!

I have had a lot of time to do things at home during the great rain...
I have cooked things to take on vacation
I have done a few crafty things that were on my list including making a new lamp shade I love
I have made the girls clean their rooms
I have changed a lot of light bulbs
I have done some digital scrapbooking





Today we are headed to the pool.  I hope all of Lubbock doesn't have the same idea since this is the first rain free day...
If it's too crowded I'm coming back home and pretending it's still raining...
Think how productive I could be if I lived in Seattle or somewhere rainy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pages look great!