Tuesday, July 6, 2010

They are better women than me...

The girl friends came over for a fun day of crafting, eating, talking and talking and talking... it was so fun to get to catch up! 

During all the visiting today, both of these woman proved to be way, way, way tougher than me!  And that does not bother me a bit...
We shared stories of what we had been doing since school got out, where we had been, the latest of Kim's crazy in-law stories, and then it all went down hill....

Kim told a story of having to drag a dead, rotting deer out from under their cabin in NM because her husband "couldn't" do it... I will spare you the details but just hearing about the smell that led them to find the deer made me sure I would have packed up, gone home and sold the cabin rather than pull the thing out!

That reminded Joshlyn of her massive spider she had killed this morning, all by her self... turns out it wasn't just a spider but a tarantula  At her house.  Again, I'd be putting the for sale sign in the yard...
She was telling the story to her husband on the phone who checked the trash and assured her that yes, that was a tarantula....I told her the least he could do is take her out to dinner tonight to reward her bravery...

Luckily I had no horror stories to share. 

I simply offered up more fresh lemonade and wonderful blueberry muffins...

Tomato sandwiches and pink strawberry salad

Caramel Peach parfaits



Deviled eggs and homemade pickles

I love having girls over so I can serve things I love but my family wouldn't eat....

We didn't even start our new projects so they are coming back Thursday...

They both told me that I didn't have to cook but that if I wanted to it would be ok...

My cousin I was at kamp with had asked me for a few of my favorite recipes so while the friends were making their new calendars for this coming school year, I made a quick little book to send to Janet...
I used a picture of us a kids on the front and on the back a picture of my mother, her grandmother and the other sisters... I am also going to include the family recipes that I have from our aunts...




Kellie is getting a little better... she's added mashed potatoes to her Dr. Pepper diet and has wanted to play poker that last couple of nights...
as my friend Jennifer said, ' you know what they say about poker being good for the soul and all...'

No comments: