Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It never fails...

I didn't have school yesterday. 

Because the girls are in a different district from where I work, they did have school.  Kellie was very very mad about this... so much so that she tried to talk me into letting her stay home... she wanted to spend the day with Jennifer and I...
she kept telling me she was going to be "sick"...
Well, she did get sick.  She wished up a sore throat... or maybe she caught it when she was checking out a dumpster while we were taking pictures...

But of course she wasn't sick on Monday when I was off, but on Tuesday when I needed to work and Mike is out of town!  He seems to always be out of town when I need him to take a kid to the Dr....
And even though she is old enough to stay home alone when needed,  I stayed with her... I had to take her to the Dr. and she felt really bad so I hated to leave her home alone...

I enjoyed napping with her this morning and then she rested while did a lot of needed chores...

I did three jobs that I had been asking Mike to do for a month, in less than an hour...

He has spent more than an hour making excuses for why he hasn't done them yet...

I was all ready to tell him he needs to be careful because I really can do everything without him...

Until...I found a dead bird in the back yard...

I could do it ...I could take care of disposing of the bird if I had to...

but, when he has to move the bowl I put over it and scoop up the dead bird, he'll know I really do need him after all...
and I already have a plan if he makes excuses and doesn't do it in a timely manner...
I have a friend who had to pull a dead deer out from under a house...if she can do that she could surely take care of a dead bird don't you think?

Katie and I finished painting some things for her room after school...


and a new little something for the bathroom...

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I hope she is feeling better. Isn't it great to retire outstanding chores. You made good use of your time off. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary