Sunday, January 23, 2011

We're a really classy family...

Jennifer sent me a link to the next painting class she wanted to go to... I tried it at home today.  alone.  and given the crookedness of my chandelier, I obviously could have used the class....

I have found a couple of new cooking blogs that I am enjoying and one of the recipes I saw was for copy cat Chick fil a chicken.  I hate frying food but decided this would make me Kellie's hero.  So, we had chicken strips for dinner...
 
The verdict... "it's good and it looks like Chick fil'a but doesn't really taste like it"... I said "are you sure, it taste a little like it to me"... but the expert stuck with her origianl opinion...upon me looking a little disapointed, she assured me again that "it really is good..."

So, yes it was good.  No it wasn't quite chick fil'a...don't think I will make it again... here is the link to the recipe if you want to try it yourself...

Of course I was serving this up during a heated domino game... they took thier plate and went right back to the game...
You know, this isn't your grandmother's house where frying chicken was a routine thing and there was always a good domino game going on...

I expect my people to fall at my feet in thanks if I fry chicken...

I'll have to time it better next time I guess...

The best part of dinner was the new recipe I tried for honey mustard sauce...

Dear Babe's Chicken House:
I have done it!  I have replicated your honey mustard sauce.  I will no longer bug your waitresses to see if anyone knows the recipe...
Ha Ha,
Cara

Honey Mustard Sauce

1/4 cup Mayonaise
3 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
3 tbsp milk ( I used more)

Mix all ingredients well.  Adding milk till desired consistancy.

I think Babe's has a little chopped jalapeno in theirs but I didn't have any to add...



Well, now that the dishes are all done I do believe I hear the end of the domino game...

Only in a house where there is serious game playing do you hear the loving words of a father to his daughter
"I think I just beat the cr*p outta you..."

Nice. 

3 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

:-) Those treasured family moments were meant to be enjoyed :-). I love the recipe you posted for the mustard. I've got to give it a try. I hope you and your gaggle have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Debbie said...

Those copycat recipes never quite live it to the hype to me either.

christine.evans279 said...

Thanks for this honey mustard recipe...tried their sauce for the first time the other day and CAN NOT stop thinking about it!