Sunday, October 23, 2011

Even Elvis enjoyed the weekend

The girls went to a girls retreat at church this weekend...
Friday night we had no kids here.
Mike and I had a little dinner date...
 I was all exited about sleeping in Saturday morning, coffee, quiet...
till I remembered the dog had an 8:00 groomer appointment.
darn.

 I offered to help with the Sat. portion of the retreat....
I drove 6 girls from the fancy hotel they stayed at back to the church...
I had a 6th grade group and when I asked what they did the night before, "sleep" was all I got.  Not sure they got a lot out of it...


They had someone come in and give make up lessons...



This is the youth ministers wife, she was in charge of the girl weekend...
 she decided everyone wore the same shade of foundation...
she's easy going like that...


Katie was in high demand for curling other girl's hair. 
It might be one of her spiritual gifts...


The cleaned up and went out for a nice dinner...
It was really fun to hang out with the girls and the sweet leaders.  One of the leaders told me I was really a cool mom like her mom.  That made me feel good, old, but good...
I really am so glad I get to do these things with my girls and that they actually want me there...

We followed up church today with a little pumpkin carving...



Mike thinks he has had a bad day because his laptop crashed but really that freed up his afternoon from working, so he spent it with the Cowboys and now Rangers and a bulldog in his lap, what could be better?

 A good weekend was had by all...

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

You never have a dull moment. Your gang keeps you really busy. It's wonderful your girls want to have you around. The are worse fates :-) I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary