Monday, October 17, 2011

It's just like in the great depression but the food is better

Tonight I came in, unloaded a few groceries and left the garage door up with the back of the suburban up also so Mike could go get the water bottles out...
I promptly forgot to even ask him to do it...

Fast forward about 30 minutes and I am making dinner and talking on the phone when Katie comes running into the kitchen telling me I have to come here right now and see something with great concern in her voice... as I pass the front door I realize that it is dark and slightly orange glowing outside...
It go so dark the street lights came on... but you couldn't see them...and during all this I realized the back of the car was open...
I am pretty sure I don't even want to check that situation tonight...

And the funniest thing is that I finished the orange burlap wreath and hung it up last night...
Katie said "mom, what about your wreath?" but the wind and dirt was too bad to open the door...just thougth it was funny that she makes so much fun of me and my burlap addiction but she wanted to get my wreath for me...


This is the "wall of dirt" that started the whole plunge into darkness...

The news reporter said there has not been a dust storm like this since the 1930's when they had the last bad drought.....
"It's just like in great depression when my grandparents told stories of having to put towels around the doors and windows to keep the dirt out" the weatherman added...

Yep, just like the depression here tonight but instead of the cheap beans they were probably enjoying for dinner I was busy making a yummy but cheap chicken quesadilla...


Great, what other things are we going to have out here in the land of dirt???



Tell me one more time why I'm in Lubbock???



2 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

That dust storm is crazy!!! That would have scared the crap out of me I think. Wow!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I've never seen a duststorm. That photo is amazing. I hope you car is OK. So why do you live in Lubbick :-).Have a great day. Blessings...Mary