Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's becoming a super power...

A while back when Mike got a little bonus (that could have been better spent on a lot of things) he bought tickets for the girls to see Taylor Swift...
they were thrilled...
and the weekend finally arrived....

We let them take Friday off from school even...
We headed to the Big D...
Where I crammed in as much family and friend time as I possibly could.  I'm getting really good at it...
let me schedule your visit, I'll show you how it's done...

We visited the grandma...
We visited friends...
I did some engagement pics for my friend's son...(I'll post more of these later cause they are so cute!)
My friend and her husband were the best helpers ever... I wanted to take them and the couch home!  I've never had so much fun taking pictures!!!


We ate at my favorite place...
We saw another set of friends for a very quick visit...
We headed to my sisters to deliver the girls to Jennifer for the concert...

The girls were a little surprised that the Aunt had a new iPhone 4...
And when she mentioned that on the "bird game" all her birds had turned into "fish" we all laughed at her...
Katie helped her with her angry birds game and showed her the fish were just small birds and taught her all about all the birds powers....
 Guess if she is going to be all high tech she needs some angry bird skills...

And of course, since I was with my sister the shopping queen, we had to hit a couple of stores where I did score a couple of good bargains...
My brother in law made me his new drink of choice and that led to a very relaxing evening!  I'll be buying some spiced rum this week I do believe...

The girls left way early to get to the concert since there was also a ballgame next door which doubled the traffic to the area...
they made it after much waiting in traffic...

and Katie is a little type A about time, being late, worrying about where to park etc so by the time they got there I received a text from Jennifer saying that Katie was being a little neurotic...

I don't believe she meant for the picture to say it all about Katie an her "neurosis" but it sure was funny to get this!  She explained this morning that she was just freaked out about "the drunk lady in front of us"...
Abbi doesn't seem at all disturbed by her...
They settled in and had a great time and survived the drunk lady...
Had I known who the opening act was, Jennifer would not have been the adult to accompany them...

We hit a favorite restaurant (Babe's Chicken house) on the way out of town today...




The food and company was a great end to a wonderful weekend....
and I may have eaten more sorghum and biscuits than chicken...


I think I was probably just low on iron and feeding a medical need.   I'm pretty sure I'll need some of this on a regular basis to maintain my iron.


It was a fast, fun filled weekend but I'm always glad to get home to my boy....

No comments: