Monday, July 21, 2008

Family, you've got to love them, I think...


The girls and I went to Ark. to see my Aunt Effie for her 90th birthday. She is my mom's older sister and the only one of them left living. Funny that the oldest out lived them all. She has aged beautifully and is still as sharp as a tack! She doesn't seem any different to me than when I was young. She was glad to see us and seemed to enjoy her day. I love her and grew up very close to her. The fun part is that every time I'm around her we have to discuss my weight and the weight of all the family memebers. She said I wasn't loosing much weight, I told her how much I had lost just so she could go on to tell me I must have been 'huge'. I know she loves us but I dread these conversations every time I see her. To top it all off, her son, my cousin is married to a Russian woman who I've met maybe three times. She offered me some nutrition information if I needed it as I was leaving... She's lucky I was feeling nice that day!!! Seriously people, can we discuss boundaries? And after all the talk of weight, Aunt Effie had fixed a ham, wonderful chicken salad and fresh butter beans!

The girls and I got to spend good cousin time. We picked up a friend of the big girl on our way home for a visit. Glad to be home. Ready to stay home for a little bit...but I'm already missing the butter beans...

No comments: