Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oklahoma, a.k.a. Mobile-homa

One of my closest friends, Jennifer, moved to Muskogee Oklahoma a while back.

Someone else I know who is from Oklahoma calls Oklahoma MOBILE-HOMA... I shared this bit of of info with my friend who lives there and she went on to share it with all of her girlfriends/church friends there in Muskogee. Recently while driving to camp we stopped in Muskogee and spent one night with my friend Jennifer. While we were there her friends stopped by to visit...
A mini van comes flying up into her yard, not the driveway but the middle of the yard, honking the whole time... then out of this mini van about a dozen kids start getting out... boys with no shirts on, all bare foot, a baby in a diaper, and everyone of them yelling! Then the mom's start getting out... I was so taken aback by the kids and the number of people getting out of the car that it took me a minute to notice the mom's attire...


I wish the picture had captured the feet also, one had on lovely high heels with many ankle bracelets and another had on her husbands hiking boots.

They were so friendly and introducing themselves to me and I was trying to keep my mouth from hanging open... about this time I realize my friend Jennifer is laughing hysterically and trying to explain to me that this is all a show for me since I called their state "trailer-homa"....

Only a good friend goes to this much trouble for you! I'm blessed to have such a friend and glad that she has great new friends there, even if they are from Mobile-homa....

No comments: