Monday, August 25, 2008

and we all survived

Last night there was much girly stress at our house. We talked and talked and talked about the worries of the first day of school. Both girls had to sleep in my room, I'm not sure how this helped the stress but what ever works...
We got up early and had breakfast together and prayed together before we started our school day. Now the first day of school has come and gone and everyone survived. I had a very quiet, uneventful first day. Hope that the second day goes as well!
The big girl had a great first day. Had friends in her classes, wasn't late to school which is her constant worry for some reason (she has never been late), and she came home with a 'boyfriend'. I liked it better when we just came home on the first day with a new friend instead of a BOYfriend!!! I'm glad I heard all about the day before the new boyfriend started texting her...we may never see her again...
The little girl even survived. She liked her teacher "but not as good as Mrs. ________" I guess last years teacher will never be topped! She let them bring drinks into class in the morning and call their parents if they wanted to make a play date...
She has even asked if she could ride the bus in the morning...yesterday crying, not wanting to ride the bus, today asking if she can... go figure...
I'm glad they had a good day but I am still sad that they started 4th and 7th grade, I just don't know how they got this big!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Owens said...

Wow, 4th and 7th! I remember those grades. I had to laugh at the bus riding rollercoaster of emotions. I believe I cried similar tears - and that makes me not miss being a pre-teen! Congrats on your growing girls mama! (o: