Thursday, April 30, 2009

How did she get to be 13?

Today is Katie's 13th birthday. I really feel like it couldn't possibly have been 13 years since I had her. I know every year I say this, but time is just going way too fast! I really need her to just be a little girl for a few more years.

I need to be able to hold her and her not fuss about it...
Look, she was so sweet. She had some major hair issues. There was so much of it it was hard to keep a curl on top. (this picture reminded me that my hair also had some issues... it got so dark during both of my pregnancies...I really don't remember it being this dark though...)
Look, she's still sweet. Most of the time. (And we both have better hair now)


She has looked forward to this birthday more than any other I can remember. She has talked about her gifts and party constantly lately.

This morning we all went and got in her bed with her. Kellie was so excited about giving her presents. I hated that we could only enjoy this for about 5 minutes before I had to start rushing everyone to get ready.
I looked at her in her new clothes this morning and could only think that she really is looking like she is growing up. Did I mention that I don't like that...
We made a trip to James Avery this afternoon... She is showing off her new ring and charms.


She got a new phone and this was pretty much how she spent her evening...

(I have a little phone envy. She and Jennifer got a new fancy phone today...)

I have enjoyed 13 years of being a mom to a great kid. I couldn't be luckier!

2 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

Aw, happy birthday to your sweet girl! I love that you made a big deal out of her turning 13. It really is a big one. And she has one wonderful momma to celebrate her. (o:

Debbie said...

What a beautiful girl! Happy birthday. And where do the years go?