Sunday, June 28, 2009

Well, Bakerella I'm not...

One of my favorite parts of coming home from kamp every year is visiting the blueberry farm. I get my annual stock of blueberries to go in the freezer, a Thunder muffin to eat on the way home, blueberry cobbler to eat the last night of kamp, Blueberry Amaretto syrup that is so good I can't even describe it. Today I made my favorite Pioneer Woman yogurt cream recipe to go with the fresh blueberries. It is wonderful as always. You really need to try this. Do it now. I could eat this on everything!

While we were at kamp, my friend Glenda talked about her new discovery of cake balls. We had long conversations over her love of the cake ball. I have read Bakerella for a long time and shared the cake ball beauty of this site with her. Today I finally tried to make her cake balls. They taste great but look nothing like hers!!! I wonder if I mailed some to Glenda if they would be a big melted mess when the arrived....





We made lemon dipped in white bark with candied lemon zest on top and also tried strawberry cake with chocolate icing and bark. Both are very yummy! It makes a lot! I have some to mail, think I'll take some to the neighbors, maybe some to the dentist in the morning when I go, some in the freezer... please, come have cake balls!
We also went to do a little bowling this afternoon. I have never been a good bowler and haven't even been in a couple of years.
At one point, I asked if we wanted a high or low score. Let me assure you even my girls made fun of me... that was just before my three strikes in a row! I now know that when you get three strikes in a row it's called a Turkey... learn something new all time...
he doesn't look excited that I beat him does he? Oh. Wait. It looks like we were all beating him...Dad hates to loose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!