Saturday, January 16, 2010

I've tried to tell them it's different here...

I have a sweet friend from the Dallas area who drove out to spend the weekend with us.  She had a bit of trouble finding her way through the middle of no where to find us and upon arrival she stood outside the door and said "I'm not coming in, get your things, you're coming with me....we have to get you out of here... everything is just big fields of dirt out here..."
She comes inside to notice that Kellie's glasses have broken (just before she arrived and the optical shop was already closed) and I have hot glued them together... she then tells Kellie to get her things, she's coming back with her and she'll get her glasses and not make her wear the glued ones...
But then.  We leave to go pick up Katie and she notices that just around the corner from us is a Wienerschnitzel (or DerDog as she lovingly referred to it) and across the street from that is a Whataburger.  Her opinion of where we lived was greatly increased, I believe her words were "It's Heaven"...
Who knew... Guess she loves the DerDog....

No comments: