Sunday, June 27, 2010

Glad to be home

The ten days we were gone FLEW by.  They were filled with wonderful time with good friends as well as the fun of Kamp Kanakuk!
We spent a couple of days with old friends in OK.  It is always a treat!  We were spoiled with wonderful food and fun while we were there.  Watching my girls spend time with the boys they grew up with was so sweet!  And getting to know the "baby" more was priceless.  The boys even let us drag them to our favorite girly restaurant for lunch...

I didn't manage one picture of the grown ups, so sad...

Then we were off to Branson...Katie dreads this part of the trip every year!

All the beautiful scenery
 produces the need for

Which causes



She has decided she couldn't live there... even running around town she was getting sick and that makes her grouchy, so best we leave her on flat ground!

We treasure our time with Deana, my best friend from college and beyond.  She has four beautiful girls that we just don't get to see enough.  I love for my girls to get the chance to know them... I wish we lived closer so we could do it more but at least we get to do it once a year!  Deana's sweet husband took all the girls fishing one night so we got to go to dinner all alone.  With no children.  None.  Just two adults.  It was wonderful!!!!

I will post the kamp highlights later when I've gotten a handle on the million pounds of laundry that we returned with.  But let me brag on my husband first...  We came home to a clean house.  Clean garage (that was a real treat for me), dinner was waiting, and he listened for hours to the girls tell of all the fun at kamp.
It's always great but there is nothing like coming home.

No comments: