Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blessed

I love Christmas!  I love the whole time of year, cold weather, the decorations, the reminder to be thankful for God's gift and time with family and friends.

We made a very very quick trip to the Dallas area.  We did Christmas with my family.  Even if it was very brief it was great to be with them.

We moved on the Mike's family for a little cousin time. 



When I joined this sweet family there were only two kids.  We've produced a huge bunch of the next generation that seem to really enjoy spending time together even when they only see each other once or twice a year.
I walked into a bedroom where all the kids were lying around, talking, watching a movie and of course playing on their phones... you know, good quality cousin time...

On the way home we stopped by our favorite cheap Mexican place for lunch and my family was agreeable enough to join me in checking out Trader Joe's...
I quickly googled peoples favorites from there and we brought home most of those items.  We also brought home a lot of heavy cream with no additives so there is butter making in my future.
 
We got home and spend a quiet Christmas eve day, had a great church and good family time.

We woke up Christmas morning to a white Christmas
 
Not much could have made me happier!  The girls wanted to wait on Jennifer to get there before opening their presents.  It's like our little family isn't complete without her.  I really think the girls think she is their sister instead of their cousin.  Her flight made it in and there was much gift opening to follow.


New jackets seemed to be a theme. 
 

Kellie did ask for one toy and I was so glad.  I just hate we are about past that phase...
The hit gift  was "Catch Phrase" . 

It got pretty wild!
 
I hope your Christmas was wonderful and there is some rest in store this week for you.  I know I'm planning some.


 

No comments: