Sunday, December 9, 2012

Food fun with a friend

One of my good friends came over so we could make some good gifts.
It was wonderful. 
A Sunday afternoon in PJ pants cooking with a friend, can you think of a better day?
 
We had a little supervision



We made a wonderful Caramel Sauce (plus we added 3 tbsp of Bourbon to the recipe). 


 I may pour a jar over dinner tonight.  I also made some Merlot Jelly. 
 

I also made a couple of jars of "Cookies for Santa" gifts
 

I'm having a Cookie party next weekend and I made some cookies that may not make it to the party.  I combined two recipes I found and they are soooo good.



Cranberry White Chocolate Oat Cookies

1/2 cup Butter, softened
3/4 cup White Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 cup Flour
1 tps Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Oats
1 cup dried Cranberries
1 cup White Chocolate chips
1/2 cup sliced Almonds
zest of one Orange

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Cream butter and sugar.  Add both sugars and mix till fluffy.  Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.  Mix in flour, baking powder, salt and oats and mix till just combined.  Mix in cranberries, chocolate chips, almonds and orange zest.  Drop spoon sized scoops of dough onto the lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. 

No comments: