Sunday, September 21, 2008

Love me some breakfast

One of my favorite things when we have company is getting up and fixing good breakfasts that we wouldn't ordinarily have.
Sat. morning we had the Blueberry Banana bread and breakfast taco's. My favorite find lately has been uncooked flour tortillas you buy in the refrigerator section of the grocery store. You grill them for about 20 seconds on each side and you have fresh tortilla's when ever you need them. It's great!
This morning I made a Apple puff pancake (since I'm still trying to get rid of apples) and a new Egg recipe I found. Both were SO good!
I wanted to take a picture of Apple Puff Pancake but before I could it was gone!!!

Southern Breakfast Scramble

12 eggs
1 TBSP sour cream (don't skip this)
1 C shredded cheese
1/2 diced ham or bacon
1/4 C diced onion
salt and pepper
4 TBSP Butter

Mix eggs, salt and pepper to taste and sour cream and wisk till smooth.
In a lg skillet melt butter over med. heat. Add onions (may also add mushrooms or diced bell pepper if you want) and saute till translucent and tender
Add diced meat and stir.
Pour egg mixture over the bacon and onions. Sprinkle cheese on top. Stir as it cooks until the eggs are no longer shiny.

Apple Puff Pancake

4 lg apples, peeled and sliced
4 tbsp butter
3/4 cup Flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
4 lg eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Heat over to 400 degrees
I use a lg. cast iron skillet, you can use two 8" cake pans.
Put skillet in oven with butter in it to melt.
In bowl, beat flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp sugar, milk and eggs till smooth.
Arrange apple slices in skillet in butter. Pour egg mixture over the top. Mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the top.
Bake till puffed and golden brown, about 25 minutes. Serve with warm syrup if desired.

These are both keepers for me, easy, not many ingredients and the company thought I went to a lot of trouble!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Just cross-commenting after you stopped by my blog. These recipes look great. We happen to be having "breakfast dinner" tonight. It's one of my kids' favorites. Thanks for visiting my blog.