Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm Thankful for Friends

Can I tell you how much I enjoy my friends? Today I got a phone call from a teacher I worked with and she is coming to town this weekend... it was quite the surprise since she had also moved away, didn't think I'd be seeing her again...and of all weekends, we're already having company this weekend.. I think she was to afraid to stay here with tons of people, she chose the hotel and I don't blame her. We are getting together though, my girls are very excited...
I really thought we would move to West Texas and never see anyone again, but I have been pleasantly surprised how many people come here for something and we get to see them or they come just to see us...
Oh, and you friends who are reading this and haven't been here...I'm waiting... what weekend is good for you???
And such a blessing... I got up this morning with one of my friends on my mind and when I checked my cell phone on the way to school I had a message from her. God has taken care of an issue that I have prayed for her about for a VERY long time. I am always amazed that God's plan is better than what we can think to wish for. We discussed this afternoon how difficult it is to wait. To wait on God's answer, His provision, and more times than not, it's not the answer we were praying for. I know he has good reasons for the time of waiting... but still it is not easy...

I was telling her about being a little lonely at my new job...wanting someone to visit with, then I realized I have nothing to complain about. I know how fortunate I am to have such good friends, it's ok if they don't work with me... I've just been spoiled in that area over the years. I'm sure there is a friend there I just don't know about yet....
I am so grateful for answered prayers and I'm very thankful that God has given me great friends.

No comments: