Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer project #3 and a little therapy

What cost less than $50, took only a couple of hours and caused more itching than I ever imagined?-- My new dining room drapes. Project of the day was new curtains for the dining room... I wanted to lighten up the room and was thinking about painting it but decided to go a different route for now so went with lighter colored drapes. I found the toile I wanted to use, matched it to a burlap (very very itchy burlap) for the panels, made tassels, used existing rods and it's done... well almost. They did not have enough of the trim but will have it in next week... so, I sewed on what I had to make sure I liked it...so just know the look will be complete when the trim is all the way across, not just in the middle...


I was very pleased with the results. My two girls however, would like to know why I put up potato sacks instead of the nice curtains I had...

I have a friend from the Dallas area that lives in this area now also and we try to have dinner once a month or so. We were way past due and managed to do it tonight. We tried a restaurant that neither of us had been to before and isn't the kind of place you go with kids. It was yummy and even though a bit expensive, we decided that it's a bargain for the therapy we get from it! I was glad it wasn't too busy since we stayed for three hours - we had a dim lit corner all to ourselves! If only my kids would have not called asking why I was still gone and when I was coming home and what were we doing all this time....

It was three hours of good girl talk... we need to do that more often. We were in there so long the temp. dropped from 105 to a cool 92 on the way home.

Have I mentioned I am not a fan of the 105 degree weather?

So, from the fighting I hear my girls doing in the living room right now, I may go back out... maybe it's down to 90 by now....

1 comment:

Jennifer Owens said...

Your curtains look great!!! And I'm with you on the heat - 90 something feels like a cold front in comparison to the 100-and-something we have during the days. It's brutal and I hope there's an end in sight!