Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer project #4

The project of the day today was actually a lot of small projects. You know that last box I've been talking about unpacking for 18 months... well I finally did it a couple of weeks ago and found a couple of things I had bought on a trip to Canton before we moved... This Bible holder was in there... completely forgot about buying it...

these metal picture things were in there... So all week I've dug through pictures looking for something to put in them. Today I decided I would have to put the pictures on paper in order to use old photos like I wanted to... On another blog I ran across they put old pictures in glass hurricanes so I tried that on my mantle too...


I hung these beautiful winter scene plates Jennifer gave me at Christmas time.
I recovered the seat of this antique chair. Used more of the 'potato sack' as the girls commented. I did stencil on it though...

I hung the curtain for the back door. Mike has griped about the glare from this window since we lived here... that however, did not motivate him to hang it. So today I finally gave up the waiting game and hung it myself!

I also did touch up paint on walls, stenciled on a couple of plain white lamp shades, painted several frames from gold to black, painted Kellie's desk black, and much cleaning out and organizing, grocery shopping cooked dinner and just finished another crafty gift. I love when I have a productive day!

Tomorrow we are taking the boat to the lake. The high is only predicted to be 100 so we thought we'd take advantage of the cool front and use the boat for the first time this summer.

1 comment:

Jennifer Owens said...

I need to find a window covering like that for our front door - where did you find yours? I wanted something sheer to still let light in, but not let someone be able to look in and see my living room or us sitting in it - I don't know where to begin looking for such a thing!