Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks-giving

Here we are in a whole different town from any family. 

Family that I am thankful for. 

I have been very unsettled about this whole holiday season.  

I have been very mad that because of Mike's work we can't go to family for the holidays.

I have been sad that no one was coming here for Thanksgiving and if they come at Christmas it will be after. 

My kids have been very unsettled by this.  We aren't used to being without family on the holidays.

But, here we are, getting used to it. 

I guess it won't be too bad, but there are few things that just won't be the same.  Things we won't do without others here. 

But being thankful isn't one of the things I will skip.  I know I am blessed and I am very thankful.

 1Thessalonians 5:18

in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Jennifer Owens said...

I hear your disappointment in not getting to be near family on such a day. Your thankfulness in the midst of disappointment is lovely. (o: